Monday, October 20, 2008

Tyler's Birthday!






Five years ago today, my baby was born. Tyler Ethan was the last of the Larson's (at least we were pretty sure he was going to be; there are still days when we question whether he should be the last, usually come up with the same answer-yes!). I remember the day he was born, the weather was a beautiful fall day, we had been enjoying a late indian summer here in Utah. Aunt Patsy came to stay with the three other kids, while Kris and I had an early start off to Jordan Valley Hospital, which I had been to 20 months prior to this. You see, Tyler was a bit of a surprise, a good surprise! When his older brother, Justin was 11 months old, somehow, mommy got pregnant again! There were a lot of tears (happy and sad), and then we accepted our fate of having two kids close together.




It was another inducement, fortunately for me. I was always quick to get my epidural, which I learned after my first baby. During the epidural, my steady support (aka Kris) all of a sudden disappeared while I was holding onto him! Somehow, he had fainted as he was staring down my back at the epidural needle! Just as quickly, the nurse stepped into his place so the anesthesiologist could finish his job, while at the same time, paging for some help for my 6 foot 4 inch husband, who was down for the count! Oxygen was pulled out for him, some smelling salts, and then he started to stir. Take note, don't watch an epidural on an empty stomach! Luckily, he was okay, just a little pale.




Several hours later, Tyler was brought into this world. He was the most beautiful baby with a head full of dark hair. We knew we were having a boy (he was the only baby we ever found about the sex before hand), and his older siblings couldn't have been any happier. He has been such a good addition to our family, and I can't imagine life without him. He is best friends with his brother, Justin, and on most occasions, he is willing to beat up his twelve year old brother when Zach has done something to hurt Hayley. He grew a little more quickly than mommy would have liked, passing up his 6 year old brother (and outweighing him!).




Here is a birthday interview with Tyler:




"What was your favorite birthday present?" My corvette and my race car track.




"What's your favorite color?" Um, it's red.




"What's your favorite food?" Um, it's spaghetti and chicken. (Good thing that's what's for dinner tonight!)




"Who is your favorite brother or sister?" My favorite brother is Zach and Justin, and my favorite sister is Hayley and Mom.




"What's your favorite thing to do?" Play with my race car set.




"Where's your favorite place to go?" Um, Lagoon.




"What's your favorite Primary song?" I Am A Child of God.




Good answers, birthday boy! I love you!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Tyler! Let's see cars + chicken & spaghetti = happy boy. Sounds about right. Wish we could be there! Now Jen, why do you always look so good after you have babies? You must get really good epidurals.

Jen said...

Missie,

Zach and Tyler's post-birth pictures will be the only ones you will see of me. I looked like crap in Hayley and Justin's pictures. I attribute the tan (Tyler and Zach born in the fall, Hayley and Justin born in the early spring). It helps hide the circles and bags under the eyes!

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday Tyler - 5 years! I remember that day. I agree with Missie, you look so good. If it weren't for the robe it would almost look like you were visiting someone in the hospital who just had a baby. I looked like I'd been run over by a truck which then reversed and ran over me again. Love ya!

Pam said...

Tyler looks so precious! I remember how fuzzy and cute he was when he was born. You do look so good after having a baby. Totally not fair!! I look like a blimp with severely dark hair who was dragged behind a truck for several miles. Hope to see you soon!!!