Thursday, October 23, 2008

Trick Or Treat Bags


One of the things I love about Utah is the local television shows. I don't know if other states have these, but we have a couple I love to watch. They usually showcase local businesses and entrepreneuers. I have to say, there is a lot of talent in Utah. That's probably why there are several young talents that are making it to the end in several reality shows (American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, Dancing with the Stars, I'm sure there's more...) Anyways, Good Things Utah and Studio 5 are great programs that give lots of good recipes and great ideas for everything. The other day on Good Things Utah, they had a lady on that showed how to make cute Halloween bags out of the Walmart recycle bags. They are already black, and are 100% recycled. They are like a canvas bag, very sturdy. And they only cost $1.00! Anyways, you take leftover scrap material and cover the words on the front of the bag with cute Halloween decor. You can either sew it on or glue it on! Can't be any easier, and they will be good for several years. Check out the directions here:



I've already bought the bags, now I just need to find time to decorate them! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh, I love these! Dang, if we only had a Walmart within 30 miles! I'm a little bitter. Maybe for next year, I can plan ahead and pick up a few on our biannual trip to Walmart.