Friday, October 10, 2008

Craft Time - Ribbon Holder


Okay, so one of my hobbies that I love, is Scrapbooking. Sometimes, that hobby involves more collecting of supplies than actual scrapbooking, but it is still something that makes me happy. Recently on a local program, they demonstrated how to make a ribbon holder for scrapbooking. I immediately knew this was something that would look cute and organize my scrap area. I decided to modify it a bit, finding my supplies much easier than the ones used in the demonstration. The one I made, holds 14 different ribbons. The supplies needed are: an acrylic clear box, crop-a-dile, eyelets, ribbon, an embellishment, a wooden knob, and acrylic paint. This is super easy and can be finished in 15 minutes.



First thing you want to do, is measure and mark your spots for the holes. I had 5 holes along the long sides, and 2 holes on each end. (My measurements were 1", 2 1/2", 4", 5 1/2", and 7" for the long side, and 1 1/4", and 2 3/4" on the ends.) Next, take the crop-a-dile, and punch holes using the larger hole punch. I set my crop-a-dile so that I could put the crop-a-dile in as far as it could go. Then punch. It might make a small crack, but it will be covered with an eyelet. I was able to make 3 boxes without one box breaking! The crop-a-dile is an amazing tool that can be used for fabric, leather, acrylic, paper, wood, chipboard, and more! It is definitely a must-have tool! After punching holes, set eyelets using your crop-a-dile.

Then, paint wooden knob with acrylic paint. A great tip I learned, is to stick a q-tip in the hole on the bottom, and paint the knob, holding the q-tip, then after, tape q-tip to table to let dry. When dry, glue to the lid. Glue a ribbon, around the box, add embellishment. Then you can add your ribbon inside and thread ribbon through eyelet holes!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Very cute and impressive! I think
i need something like that for all of Aubrey's hair ribbons. I like the new look of your blog as well.

Stacy said...

Cute! We need to get together - and soon.

Pam said...

So cute!! I need to make one.