Sunday, October 5, 2008

Tagged?!

Well, apparently I have been tagged! Thanks Missie! Anyways, I don't know what this means, but according to her blog, she listed 7 things about her, so that is what I will try to do...(By the way, Missie, this is draft #2. The first one I did at 6:30 this morning, and a half hour later, somehow I lost it all. I told you how most of my blogs are done twice before being published! Frustrating! Needless to say, this will be the shorter, more edited version.)

1) I taught myself how to crochet, thanks to a book named "Stitch'n Bitch Crochet, The Happy Hooker" No joke! And a very good book with great details that made something as difficult as crocheting so easy! I was taught as a young kid to crochet a single chain, but no one ever had the patience to teach me to go further. Now I can!

2)I met my hubby at a dance club (The Edge) and never even danced with him. Yep! My friend Stacy and I liked to frequent the Provo dance clubs, and decided to give the Edge a try. I remember that I had noticed a cute guy dancing with a group of people, but I was never the type to ask a guy to dance, so I stood on the sidelines while Stacy got stuck dancing with some guy for a while. Well, that cute guy came over and talked to me for a few minutes, got my number after we found out he lived down the hill from me with his sister. He then headed back to the group and left me hanging. I was a little disappointed he didn't ask me to dance, but 14 1/2 years later, I have had several dances. Love you Kris!

3) I am deathly afraid of heights! I remember a time when at a fourth of July party at my Uncle Darrell's, everyone climbed a ladder to the top of his roof to watch the fireworks. Going down was much worse, and my dad had to climb up and practically carry me down! I was 20 years old!

4) I dated a rocker once! Stacy and I met some guys skiing (don't ever date anyone you meet skiing) and they looked to be like decent guys. You can never tell with all the coats and snowpants, very misleading! Anyways, he called and invited me and Stacy to a Primus concert with him and some buddies. The radio station we listened to at the time played one Primus song that seemed okay. Didn't know they were a rock band! Anyways, it was one long night, thank goodness I was with Stacy. The highlight was running into the next door neighbor (we'll call him Greg J.) and he was smoking something with some friends at the concert, and asked me not to say anything to his parents!

5) While we are on the dating theme, my first kiss was with a polygamist! Yes, I went on like three dates with him before my mom and dad's detective work (I guess the clues of 15 brothers and sisters and the last name of Barlow helped) put an end to that romance. Nice guy, wrong family! I will never live that one down!

6) I like most crafts (scrapbooking, sewing, etc.)

7) I once wanted to be a Hairstylist when I grew up, but my mom told me to do something with myself. Still wish I would have pursued that one a little more. What a useful thing to be able to do! (I cut all the boys hair in my family, that is about as close as I will come to that one. Have you ever seen a thirty-something student at a Beauty School?)

I made it through for the second time, and I am going to hit save and publish right now!

Can I tag you again Missie?!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Kris never asked you to dance - not too suave. The polygamist story is definetely my favorite, I never tire of hearing that one!

Stacy said...

What memories have been brought back reading this post! Jen, please don't use the phrase thirty-something when referring to our age. Remember when that show came out? We were in high school. And now we ARE thirty-something. That is a reality check I didn't need!