Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!
















Well, we made it through another Halloween, and survived the costume stress. The kids all had their minds made up a month ago (except Zach, who made the final decision this afternoon at four and went out at six!). The two boys wanted to be army guys, and after looking through a few racks at different stores, I came to the conclusion that I would have to sew their costumes, and was able to find a pattern. Hayley wanted to be a pirate, so I ended up sewing hers (without a pattern - don't look close!) Needless to say, I started a month ago, and finished costumes tonight at 5 pm. All the sewn ones were finished earlier this week, and Zach had so many ideas, I tried finding a few items to go along with his nerd idea, but failed, so alas at 4 pm today, he decided upon a biker dude (My favorite part of Zach's costume was the tattoo on his arm with MOM written inside a heart!). I guess that is the nice thing about older trick-or-treaters, the more thrown together the better! I am so glad to have that chaos behind me, I think I will be hitting the discount racks next week for next years costumes!

For the first year, Zach and Hayley went with friends, so Kris took the two little ones around, while I enjoyed the peace and quiet of three groups of trick-or-treaters, the third group being my own two little soldiers! Just as we were getting our pre-Halloween pictures, the skies opened up and started to rain. Our dry weather pattern just had to end tonight! It sprinkled for a little bit, then cleared, then sprinkled, so it wasn't too bad! At least it wasn't snow! All in all, it was a great, spooky day! Hope you all had a happy and safe Halloween!

Early tomorrow, we head for Grand Junction, Colorado for Grandpa Larson's 80th Birthday bash! We'll post that one next week...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Nice Jen - you've got skills! The kids look very cute/cool. I hope they got buckets of candy and were kind enough to share!