Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas Already?!

I still cannot believe that Christmas is only 25 days away! I thought I would make a list of the pros and the cons of the holidays for me:

Cons:

-I have no idea what to get for my twelve year old, and he's not helping me!
-My three other kids list' are way too long!
-I found nothing (repeat nothing!) at the day after Thanksgiving sales!
-I hate Walmart or any other store from here until January 2nd!
-My 10 foot Christmas tree looks really bare.
-I still have family members who I have no idea what to get for them.
-Any weight that I may have recently lost, has been or will be gained back.
-Those Salvation Army bell ringers.
-Neighbor gifts (any ideas?!)
-Christmas cards
-I'm sure there are more, but enough of the cons...

Pros:

-Family get-togethers
-The excitement in my kids (that's what Christmas is all about!)
-The fun traditions we get to do (decorate the tree, decorate gingerbread house, drive to see Christmas lights...)
-Helping others
-Some Christmas music (Home Alone album, Rosie Christmas album-bought when I still liked her, Elvis Christmas)
-Baking
-Looking forward to a new year
-Celebrating the Birth of our Savior

No comments: