Friday, November 14, 2008

My Job: Mom

This week was one of those weeks where I sometimes wished I didn't have to be so responsible. You know the kind where you have to take care of needy problems at home...

This week happened to be Parent/Teacher Conference week, so therefore, Davis School District lets the elementary students have early day all week long! Talk about a mother's nightmare! I had big plans of getting the kids their flu shots after school, didn't happen. Zach had 2+ friends over on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. That was enough for two weeks, so it will be awhile before he can have some friends over again. There's just something about 12 year old boys playing hide and go seek, cops and robbers, etc. inside your house! I think I enjoy these games much better with the little guys! Don't get me wrong, they are great boys and always include all my other kids, I just don't like other kids hiding in all my over-stuffed, needs-to-be-organized closets!

Add to that, Tyler woke up with a croupy cough on Sunday that he has had all week. (Love this time of year!) But, I found some solutions that have kept him sleeping all week long in his own bed. Feel free to try if you are desperate like I was! Nowadays with the FDA coming out saying young kids should not use cold medicine, it leaves you with little alternatives. On Monday night, I decided to try a few things and they worked! First, I rubbed a generous amount of Vick's Vapor Rub on his feet, then put socks on for him to sleep in. Then, rubbed some on his chest. This was more of a giggle fest for Tyler, because he is my most ticklish child! Then, I plugged in a Sudafed plug-in that comes with refillable pads that smell like Vick's. The smell is awful, but so are colds! Then I plugged in a vaporizer in his room for the night, and I have repeated this whole process every night. He still coughs during the day, but we don't hear him at night, which is most important!

My next dilemma of the week was when Zach came home from school on Wednesday with his new white AeroPostale shirt covered in mud! First, I don't know why I ever buy my kids anything white, but the clothing industry seems to like to make clothes in this color. I have tried everything, still haven't dried it yet, but I decided to research on google this morning, and found a solution I hope works. I'll let you know if it does, but I also discovered this website that is perfect for my job as mom, since there are no manuals. If you have any questions on cleaning, this website seemed to cover everything. So for those of you out there with the tedious job of being a mom (where there is no pay, always overtime, but most important, lots of joy and satisfaction), here's some help with some of those more annoying jobs...

www.cleaning.lifetips.com

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That website is awesome Jen- love it! Give me a call today - a little sister therapy is in order.