Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Taste in Music

Blame it on Guitar Hero, blame it on my husband's high school rocker days, blame it on my wide variety of music, my kids have a weird taste in music! My youngest children will sing rock songs from my high school years that I don't even know. I know that most of these have been picked up on by the Guitar Hero. Zach's mp3 player has anything from Guns and Roses to AFI (who?) to Green Day to Black Eyed Peas and Fergie. Hayley tends to love anything High School Musical, Taylor Swift, Leona Lewis, David Archuletta of course, most songs of which I tend to like. The little boys are anything goes, what's on Mom's radio, and of course the good ol' rocker songs from GH. But for some reason, all my kids (me included!) love a little ABBA. "Dancing Queen" to be exact! For some reason this song makes us want to dance on the couch (or the bed if you are Meryl Streep)! It always brings a smile to our face, and Tyler requested my mp3 player yesterday with this song in particular, and this is what made me smile:)


I wish I would have caught him on camera yesterday, because he was so into it, but this is his version today. Notice the green? Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love Tyler when he sings (and all other times as well)! I don't really get the ABBA thing, I know there are plenty of fans out there, perhaps I need more exposure?