Friday, March 27, 2009

Heaven

A little piece of heaven came to my house yesterday, by way of the Fed-Ex guy. It was the down-alternative comforter that I ordered online from JcPenney at the beginning of March. I knew they were on back order, but I have been patiently waiting for this to come. Knowing of course, that the cold winter nights were numbered. Fortunately, this last week has been another vistit to winter, having snow and cold days and nights. Last night, when my hubby and I snuggled up under the new comforter, he was forced to admit I was right. You see, we have been having this discussion for many years. He thinks we should get an electric blanket, and I just wanted a new comforter (a down-alternative, to be exact). For the almost 14 years of marriage, we have had two comforters. The first was a beautiful quilt his aunt made us for a wedding present (although I did not get to pick it out, we still enjoyed it). But after several (3) kids who spit-up and peed on the quilt, he let me splurge and get a new one, which is the one we have used up until last night. We have a very difficult bed to find the right quilt for, which is why we have only had 2, because I have bought several, brought them home, tried them on our extra tall queen size bed, and never found anything that fit just right or looked good, so I think Kris thought just getting an electric blanket would get us warm on those extra cold nights, and solve my problem. I on the other hand, wanted a new updated look for our bedroom, and knew that getting a down-alternative quilt would give us the warmth and the new look. Last night, it took all of 10 seconds to feel warm after getting under the covers. All I can say, is a little piece of heaven. (At least we will get to enjoy it for a couple more weeks, before it gets too hot!)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yea! I'm glad you love it!

Stacy said...

It doesn't take much to make us happy these days, does it?