Sunday, December 21, 2008

Childhood Innocence

On Friday night, we had our Ward Christmas Party. This year, they planned a nice dinner for everyone with a short version of "The Polar Express" (which is the only way to go for this long, drawn-out movie). We were told to wear pajamas. Hayley, Justin and Tyler did for our family, and the rest of us went in our clothes. I don't know about anyone elses ward get togethers, but my kids like to hang out with friends. I have long since given up on trying to keep the kids with us. The only kid that ate dinner with our family was Justin (gotta love Justin!), the rest were scattered throughout the gym with their friends. After dinner, the movie started, and all the smaller kids sat to watch. My older two started roaming the halls with friends. Zach and his posse found a classroom to watch "Napoleon Dynamite" on his PSP. Wish I would have known, cause I like that movie a whole lot more! Hayley and a couple of friends just wandered, giggling like girls do. After the party, it took us about 20 minutes to round everyone up, and I found Zach first who (along with his friends) told me that McKay (a 7th grade neighbor) kissed Hayley! My first question was, "WHERE?!" He answered by saying, "On the head." (That better be it!) I started looking for Hayley and Whitney, along with Whitney's mom. Then, my neighbor came out and asked if I had seen McKay. This immediately sent worry. A few minutes later, I found Hayley (without McKay!), and started asking about the kissing. She confirmed that he had kissed her on the head twice, but that was all. Fortunately, Hayley found this repulsive (since she's only in the 4th grade) and had to come home and take a shower and wash her hair! I think Kris came home and felt the need to check his gun! I do not look forward to the teenage years!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Good girl Hayley, 7th grade boys are ick! Thanks for mentioning Polar Express, by the way, now I have that annoying song in my head. Sounds like fun, one christmas party down, one more to go!

Stacy said...

And so it begins...