Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Family Photos Finally!



Monday night, we took advantage of the beautiful weather and headed to Murray Park with grandma and grandpa for a picnic and family pictures. I try to make it a tradition every three years to update the family photo, and this year we decided to try the cheap way and use our digital camera. The scenery was great, and so was the first half hour of photo time, then we took a break and ate dinner. Yum! After looking at all the pictures, I decided the family photo wasn't what I had in mind, so we had to put the boys white shirts back on (I was smart and didn't have them eat and drink red cream soda in them), and tried for one good picture. After several pictures and several cat fights between the kids and getting Tyler to just give us one good smile (didn't happen) we called it a wrap. We were happy with the last bunch of pictures, and that night Kris was trying to move all pictures to the computer, when the card crashed (probably too many high quality photos), losing the last half of our pictures! Just our luck! Kris was quite upset and spent most of his day on Tuesday at work trying to figure out how to salvedge the pictures. (We even lost all the pictures from all summer long!) Luckily, that night he found a free website that retrieved most of our pictures! Huge sigh of relief! I am so grateful for websites that are not into making a ton of money off of others, and for those that put free tips, programs, etc. out there for all of us! At least I don't have to worry about this for three more years! Yeah! Many thanks to our photographers, Mom and Dad!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Jen, so glad it worked! Those pictures are beautiful. So jealous that yours are done and I still have mine to do, but I ordered my camera! As for Tyler's smile, that's just how 4 year olds roll (plus he's really cute).

Pam said...

Hi Jen,
Your family pictures look wonderful! It looks like it was a beautiful day for you. Next year will be out turn. I guess I better start picking out our outfits now. You know what a headache that can be.
Love you,
Pam

Jenn said...

Way cute family! I am so glad you found my blog so now I can "blog stalk" you!
Jenn