Sunday, August 9, 2009

Be Careful What You Wish For!




I have had a really slow blogging summer. I have not had many posts, because, well, there wasn't anything to really post about. I remember thinking last week how cute some of my nephews and friends little boys were, and all the funny, cute things they do that make a mom want to share. I haven't had that in a while, because my kids are 12, 10, 7 and 5. They are kinda past that cute stage (sorry kids, but it's true). Sometimes I wish my kids would do or say something cute or funny, just so I could have something to blog.

Well, I wouldn't call it cute, but Tyler came in with Justin in tow, just as it was time to get ready for bed, and announced that he just got sprayed by a skunk. He was kind of laughing and so was Justin, so I said, "No you didn't", until the smell caught up to him in my living room, and both Kris and I smelled it at the same time! We quickly herded him back outside, Kris got armed with the hose and I had my camera. After squirting him off in his undies, Kris then took him in to the bath and I worked on the clothes scattered on the lawn. Two cans of tomato sauce, 5 cherry tomates and one hour later, we decided to call it good. He still smells, but the skunk got him right in the ear and face (he was only less than a foot away from the stinking thing!). Not areas that are easily scrubbed.


We found out that the boys went to visit their fort with two of the neighbor kids (an old olive tree in the open space by our house), and Tyler needed to use the bathroom. Instead of coming home, he went behind the fort and came face to rear with the skunk! The worst part of it all is we were really trying to have the kids go to bed early to get ready for school in two weeks. That didn't happen. Most of all, I think it was Tyler's destiny...

(Tyler and Justin, Halloween 2006)

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Holy crap!!!

Melissa said...

That story is awesome. There are life lessons to be learned here - be careful where you pee and tomato soup is handy to have in food storage.

Jen said...

You are right about that! Not to mention the tomato sauce ring around the tub. Still trying to figure out how to get the smell out of his clothes and newer shoes.

pam said...

Wow!! I hope that he his alright. That does not sound fun at all, but he will probably remember this the rest of his life. I hope from now on he stays clear of skunks, but then again maybe not. You know boys!